Whether you are celebrating galantine’s day or valentine’s day, we have the perfect charcuterie board for you.
Michelle was with a friend of the four, registered dietitian Grace Derocha of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to put them together as a team.
From sweet and salty snacks to dips and veggies, they had it all and Grace says its good to have you savory snacks in moderation.
Here is her Homemade Hazelnut Spread recipe:
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 12 oz. of dark chocolate chips or bar, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for about 10 minutes or until hazelnuts is slightly browned.
- Wrap the nuts in a clean kitchen towel and rub vigorously to loosen the skin. Remove skin from hazelnuts.
- Put the chocolate in microwave-safe bowl and heat in 15-second bursts stirring each time, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Allow cooling.
- Use a food processor or blender to blend hazelnuts into a paste.
- Add all other ingredients, except melted chocolate and blend until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and blend thoroughly. It will be slightly warm.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.