Volunteer Wellness Coach
The Wellness Coach for the Yadestiny Treasure Chest Team will serve to expand our health and wellness services by interacting directly with volunteers with barriers to maintaining healthy lifestyles, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to begin making healthier choices, live healthier lifestyles, and have healthier families.
This role requires remote-working. Applicants must have regular and reliable access to the internet, as well as the motivation to dedicate their time to the organization.
- Actively assist with participant recruitment efforts and other volunteer engagement strategies for health and wellness programming.
- Create and implement programming that builds knowledge and skills and promotes healthier lifestyles through ongoing guidance, coaching, and connection to health and wellness services.
- Connect individuals with services that increase knowledge, skills, and access, such as nutrition education, physical fitness, and life skills classes.
- Create programs that focus on various dimensions of Wellness including Emotional, Environmental, Financial, Intellectual, Occupational, Physical, and Social health.
- Communicate and coordinate within the team and across programs to efficiently provide participants with quality programming and services.
- Support clients who are participating in the organization’s program to continue services long-term.
- Social Services, Public Health, Recruitment, General Skills, Education, Teaching/Tutoring, Team Work.
- Excellent judgment, poise and professionalism, and ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours when necessary.
P.O. Box 50385, Brooklyn, NY 11205, US
The Goal of this non- profit is to help every child to become confident and educated on how to properly maintain and improve one’s health, talents, skills and overall appearance. Through innovative fashion, fitness, nutritional, environmental and community events and activities Yadestiny Treasure Chest will help to develop young leaders of tomorrow.
Yadestiny Treasure Chest hopes to become an international source of
relief in providing recycled and repaired quality children clothing, free of
Yadestiny Treasure Chest, Inc. is a 501(c)3 operated not for profit whose mission is to help every child to become confident and educated on how to properly maintain and improve one’s health, talents, skills and overall appearance. Through innovative fashion, fitness, nutritional, environmental and community events and activities Yadestiny Treasure Chest will help to develop young leaders of tomorrow.
The organization was founded in 2010 by Karyne Tinord, a Haitian-American native of Brooklyn, New York. Inspired by the global relief efforts following the Haiti earthquake, Tinord established YTC to embark on the journey of providing clothing and key resources to families and children around the world.
JOIN OUR FUTURE
While our main goal is to clothe the children of the world one shirt at a time, YTC also provides lifestyle and arts programs. From the Fit for Fashion program which is geared towards health & wellness education, to the YTC Entertainment program which promotes arts and cultural awareness, YTC works to help build confidence and self -esteem in children everywhere.
As we work to expand our national and global presence, we are looking for dedicated and motivated individuals that share our passion. Remember, at YaDestiny Treasure Chest, you are more than a volunteer, you are a humanitarian. If you would like to start touching lives by helping build our chest of treasures, please sign up today.