Essential oils have long been hailed as a wonder treatment that can be used as a remedy for pretty much any ailment. And with the variety available, it’s no wonder. One of their lesser-known powers is their use in cooking – not just for the health benefits they add to food, but also for the added taste they provide! Since they are very concentrated, you only need a small amount, too. This delicious pumpkin bread recipe has all the yummy spices of pumpkin pie, paired with the fresh aromas of essential oils.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 1 drop clove essential oil
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
1. Preheat the oven to 325 °F (160°C). Spray pans with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, butter, pumpkin puree, water, yogurt, eggs, and all the essential oils.
3. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, scraping the sides often to make sure all ingredients are well combined. Once they’re well mixed, set the mixer to a medium speed and mix for two minutes until light and fluffy.
4. Divide mixture into pans and bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the bread.
To your favorite bread recipes, you can add corresponding essential oils instead of herbs. Make bread dips by flavoring olive oil with rosemary, thyme, and basil essential oils to taste. Mix balsamic vinegar with the flavored olive oil and serve with fresh bread chunks or slices.
We extracted this treatment and the recipe from The Essential Life, which focuses on how plants and natural remedies bring new levels of wellness to powerfully impact our lives.
Want To Know More?
An essential oil is a concentrated plant extract that contains volatile (easily evaporated) organic compounds. They are extracted by distillation and contain potent chemicals from the plants from which they come. It takes a significant amount of a plant to make such a concentrated product, and a little bit of these beneficial oils goes a long way.
People seeking to improve their mental, physical or emotional health can benefit from using pure essential oils, and they also work great for beautification and cleaning. Different essential oils offer different benefits, and they are often blended to deliver combined benefits. Click here for the beginner’s guide to essential oils and how they can benefit your entire life.