Alex Jobson says he was lucky he wasn’t blinded (Picture: NCJ Media)

A man was left covered in horrific burns after an aromatherapy kit turned into a ‘fireball’ in a freak accident.

Alex Jobson, 36, believes the mishap was down to a leak in the lavender oil burner, which then ignited.

Doctors told him they had only seen similar injuries on people who had put petrol on their barbecues.

Alex said: ‘It was pretty much like a fireball.

‘I could see that my face was on fire so I pulled my shirt up and tried to pat it down and then put my head in the water for about 20 minutes to try and cool it.

He has issued a warning to others (Picture: NCJ MEDIA)

‘Thankfully, I did manage to get the flames out quite quickly. I’m just lucky that I had my glasses on as the flames could easily have damaged my vision.

‘I am lucky the burns were not worse.’

Alex is now urging others to ‘be careful’ when using oil burners and to consider using the ‘safer’ melting wax kind.

Experts have not ruled out using skin grafts to help his face recover.

The full-time magician’s face is still recovering (Picture: NCJ MEDIA)

He said: ‘I can’t even put a claim in either as it was an old burner and I don’t even know the make of it – I just used it because it smelt nice, not thinking this would happen.’

Thankfully, many of the burns have now healed, although Alex is unsure whether he will need any cosmetic surgery in the future.

The full-time magician has even been getting some gentle abuse from friends, as he joked: ‘They keep saying that I keep getting my tricks wrong!’

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here