When we say avocado, what comes to your mind? No, we are not talking about guacamole! What else? No, not avocado on toast! Another try? Let us spill the beans here; glowing skin. Sounds strange? Well, if you are a beauty enthusiast, get ready to hear more about this skin-loving potion called avocado oil.
High on fibre and low on sugar with the goodness of multivitamins, there’s a reason why avocado is regarded as one of the healthiest food ingredients. With health benefits, avocados can prove to be boon for the skin.
Benefits Of Avocado Oil
Topical application of avocado oil can give the following benefits:
- As avocado is an excellent source of antioxidants and vitamin E, the oil helps to absorb free radicals preventing environmental damage to the skin.
- It helps in energy production (in the skin) thereby, promoting cell renewal. It also helps in protecting the cell membrane and reducing radical damage.
- Avocado oil helps hydrate the skin. It works as an excellent emollient and helps trap hydration onto the skin, making it softer and healthier.
- Avocado oil has anti-inflammatory properties, and it is non-comedogenic. It’s not only safe to apply avocado oil on irritated and inflamed skin but also won’t clog the pores. It can help soothe the skin condition.
- This oil also possesses anti-fungal and antibacterial properties; thus, it can be used to treat dry and flaky scalp. It can be massaged onto the scalp as any other regular oil or in combination with medicated creams, if suggested by a dermatologist, to help soothe the scalp irritation.
It’s essential to buy avocado oil in its purest form to reap its benefits. Find the one which is organic, unrefined and cold-pressed oil. With all its benefits, it can’t be denied that the oil is new and it may have an allergic reaction. It’s better to do a patch test before including it in your skincare regime.
Also Read: Can Sunscreen Protect Us Against Blue Light? We Asked An Expert