Medindia Home Page for Doctors is a free service we provide to doctors and healthcare professionals to create a full-featured online presence and profile that they can fully control and maintain. If you are a doctor it allows you to list your practice details, locations, specialities and showcase your credentials, experience, expertise and skills to the world and to your patients. An online presence and profile is essential so visitors and patients can find you when they search for you. For example, you may have done work in certain area of medicine that may be useful for a patients to understand, so that they can seek advice and guidance from you.
When you create a home page, we also include your name and practice details in our searchable doctors’ directory, which contains over 260,000 records, categorized by state, city, pin code and specialty and is visited by millions of visitors each month. This listing is linked to your home page and enhances your online visibility in search engines. It can also provide you with a source of new patient leads and referrals, and allow visitors to book an appointment with you directly.
The selection of information that you can publish, has been done consistent with the ethical requirements of medical bodies such as Medical Council of India (MCI) and the recently published and notified guidelines for ‘Practice of Telemedicine’ in India. The homepage stores all your essential information and takes care of the needs of your patients in your practice. It has both areas that are visible to the world out there and the non-visible area just for you.
What are the Benefits of a Home Page on Medindia?
Medindia is India leading health website that is visited by
Medindia follows the highest standards for data security, privacy and confidentiality and all communication is encrypted and protected via TLS/SSL. Medindia Privacy Policies ensures security and privacy of all your data and that it will not be shared or sold.
Medindia also has high domain authority and search rankings in Google, Bing and other search engines. As a result, a Home Page and online profile on Medindia, increases your visibility in search engines. You greatly increase your chances of being found on the first page of Google when people search for you by name, specialty in your city or state or for details in your bio, experience, expertise and any other information you provide on your Home Page.
Doctors’ Home Page Sections & Features
Once you register and create a Home Page on Medindia, your details are verified manually to ensure they match with MCI registration data and a “Verified” icon is added to your profile. All verified pages are then published.
- Basic Information: This is displayed at the top of your Home Page and includes:
- Location (City and State)
- Biographical Sketch: You may enter about 100 words about yourself in this sketch
- Locations: In this section, you can provide information about all your practice locations including address, phone number, and working hours for each location. You may enter your primary and any number of additional locations. Patients can book appointments by clicking on the Book Appointment button.
- The next section of the Home page allows you to showcase your credentials, professional experience and accomplishments.
- Education: A list of all the colleges attended, year of graduation and degree obtained.
- Experience: List all work and professional experience including description and duration.
- Areas of Special Interests and expertise: List here any areas of medicine that are of interest to you – for example preventive nephrology
- Accreditations: List of professional accreditations including the year and accreditation number.
- Awards and Recognition: List of all awards and recognitions obtained including description and year.
- Publications: List of all publications, paper, journal articles including description and year published.
- Memberships: List all your affiliations and memberships of any medical societies
- Certifications: List of all your certicates
- Languages known: All languages you can speak
- Social Networking: Links to all your social networking profiles â Twitter, LinkedIn, Website, Blog and any other
- Articles published on Medindia: An added benefit for doctors registered on Medindia is the ability to contribute to the site as an author or an editor. All articles written or edited by you will be linked to from your home page. Medindia gets millions of visitors from over 230 countries and publishing on Medindia is a great way to showcase your professional expertise and build your reputation and brand globally. Please contact our Editorial Director if you are interested in contributing to the site indicating your area of interest.
Doctors’ Home Page Dashboard:
Medindia’s Doctors Home Page is loaded with many other features that are accessible and visible only after you login to your account securely with your username and password.
The dashboard provides one-click access to managing all aspects of your home page including updating any part of your profile, managing your appointments, communicating with patients, performing teleconsultations, staying current with medical journals, conferences and providing better care to your patients, by giving them access to a personalized wellness portal that is branded with your name.
The following describes each section of the Home Page Dashboard in greater detail:
1. Top Bar of the dashboard – The top bar has a login and log out buttons, along with your name. When you are finished, make sure you log out by clicking on the button. If you do not do so you will be logged out automatically after a few minutes as a security measure and protect your account.
2. Doctors Home Page Dashboard:
Your name, picture and qualifications: This section has a picture of you that can be changed at any time by clicking on it and this change will be reflected on your homepage. Always use a professional, high resolution photo that is clear.
Sidebar: There is a side menu bar that essentially lets you control all the visible and non-visible features of your homepage and the backend of the website to help you with your practice. It goes even further than this and allows you to keep yourself abreast with your areas of interest in your speciality. These include access to abstracts of the top ten journal of your speciality and the upcoming medical conferences that you may wish to attend.
Manage your Information & Listing (left side): Control the top half of the dashboard on the left is about your information on Medindia, i.e. your homepage and your listing in Medindia doctors’ directory. The doctor’s directory has over 260,000 doctors listed on Medindia. The right half allows you to control your patient information.
Doctors’ Wellness Portal Dashboard (right side): As a registered doctor with Medindia you can offer a full-featured wellness portal to all your patients that are branded with your practice name. All your patients can login to this portal and get a private and personalized My Health Page where they can manage their health. It also has the full library of Medinda health and wellness content, educational material and tutorials designed to increase engagement and educate patients on their health.
For more information on all the features in this wellness portal please view this page or watch the video here.
This section allows you to manage all your patient appointments. Patients can book appointments with your practice for online or in-person visits based on available time slots and office locations. All appointments are subject to your confirmation and can be rescheduled if required. We provide automatic Email and SMS reminders to minimize missed patient appointments.
You can even Block your Dates if you are not available in one particular location.
Medindia promotes access and affordability of patients to achieve universal healthcare for all through the practice of telemedicine. We have included several telemedicine resources including a few articles and the notified guidelines by the Government of India. All doctors who wish to practice telemedicine practice are required to become familiar with these guidelines.
Teleconsultation Dashboard: This feature allows you to view and manage all teleconsultations with patients. Features include full secure text chat and communication with patients as well as secure audio / video teleconsultations via a web browser or using a mobile phone. Medindia follows all the legal requirements of the Telemedicine act of India and obtains the required consent form from patients prior to any teleconsultation to fully protect you. Online payment processing is built- in and patients can pay by bank transfer or credit card. Automatic SMS and email reminders are sent to the patient and a secure audio/video session is initiated at the scheduled time. All of the above features of the portal are available from a desktop, notebook or tablet browser as well as a mobile smartphone app.
Journal Articles & Latest from Pubmed:
This feature is designed to keep you updated with the latest in medical research and developments by providing you with abstracts of recent articles from top medical journals and the latest articles from PubMed.
You can also search by Title and Keyword: The abstracts are linked to the full article when available so you can stay abreast of the latest research in your specialization.
The page provides you with information about the forthcoming medical conferences in your specialty.
Medindia truly believes in its Mission to Network doctors with Patients. Please do watch the short video that describes all the advantages and features of the Medindia Homepage.